Thank you so much to Bri @Paperback Bri for nominating me for this!
The rules are simple:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog in your post
- Answer the questions the blogger who nominated you provided
- Nominate 10 other bloggers
- Create 10 new questions for your nominees to answer
Here are the questions from Bri:
1. Who is your favourite band/musician of all time?
Ooh this is a tough one; I think I’m going to have to cheat and give multiple answers. First up is, of course, Fall Out Boy. I listened to them throughout high school, into college, and now that I’ve graduated. I’ve also read both of Pete’s books and, whether it’s the lyrics or the words on the page, I always find something I can relate to on a deep level, something I maybe felt no one else could understand. Next up is Morrissey because his lyrics are politically and emotionally charged, and he stands up for what he believes in, completely unabashedly. Many media portray him as a grumpy misanthrope, but I see him as an inspiration in a lot of ways.
2. Who is your least favourite author?
Hm, I’m not sure I have a least favorite author! In high school I might have said James Joyce, but I’ve actually come to really enjoy his stories.
3. If you could speak any language, what would it be?
Well I studied German for five years and I wish I could still speak it as well as I used to! I also tried to teach myself Latin one summer, but it didn’t work out very well….so I guess I’d say those two! Though how amazing would it be to speak every language!?
4. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I might make myself more outspoken. I tend to bottle things up because I want to be nice, but it’s frustrating when people try to take advantage of that and think they can treat me poorly because I won’t necessarily speak up right away.
5. When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I remember when we had to state our future occupation to put under our photos in the 5th grade yearbook. I put “attorney” because that’s my father’s job and I guess I thought that it sounded important. Really, though, I always wanted to be a writer or an editor.
6. Your favourite OTP?
Just one!? James and Lily Potter. My guilty pleasure when I was younger was reading way too much fanfiction about them! I wrote some as well, but never posted it. But also Stefan and Elena from The Vampire Diaries, before the writers of the show demolished their relationship.
7. Do you ship yourself with a fictional character? If so, who?
Again, just one!? Hehe. I ship myself with a lot of fictional characters–James Potter, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, Mr. Darcy, Dexter Mayhew, Heathcliff…the list is probably endless.
8. If you could perfect one skill, what would it be?
Writing, if that’s something that can ever really be perfected. I feel like I have the raw talent for it, but as with anything else, need to keep working at it because there is always some improvement to be made.
9. Who is your most owned author?
I think it may be a tie between several. I have a lot of Austen, Dickens, and Hemingway. But then I also have a lot of Rowling (including her alias Galbraith) and LJ Smith.
10. What is your favourite hobby besides reading?
I have a lot of other hobbies! In the summer and fall I love to go hiking and travel. I also quilt, crochet, knit, and write. I love other sorts of exercise as well, like weights, swimming, and running!
Here are my ten questions:
- Do you organize your bookshelves in a certain way, i.e. alphabetical, by color, etc.?
- Do you prefer to read books in a series or stand alone books?
- What is your favorite and least favorite movie adaptation of a book?
- If you could have been born in any century or decade, which would it have been and why?
- What is your favorite place that you have traveled to?
- Have you ever passed the reading bug on to someone who maybe thought that reading was boring or who did not usually think of picking up a book for fun?
- Have you ever met a celebrity/which celebrity do you most want to meet?
- What do you like to do when you’re not reading?
- What would you most like to study?
- Do you have any exciting plans for New Year’s Eve?
And now I nominate the following people to answer the above questions:
Brianna @Paperback Princess
Franciska @Life is Sweet in Books
Holly @Belle of the Library
Kynndra @Diva Booknerd
Heather @Bits & Books
Erin @The Hardcover Lover
Kristina @Gone Pecan
Caitlen @Writing Catbird
Melanie @One Less Lonely Blog